Fergusons Insurance Brokers

39B Davey St Frankston, Victoria
Phone: (613) 9783-3200

We lost everything in the Black Saturday bushfires and the way that David from Fergusons looked after us, was absolutely magnificent. He was caring and sensitive to our situation. We will never forget David, who in our most difficult times was there for us.

— John & Chris Butterworth 

   Emergency After Hours

   0409 411 235

Home and Contents

Your home is your most valuable asset so your choice of insurance product needs to be well researched.

There are many householders insurance products on the market and the majority appear to provide similar cover, however many have restrictive sub limits and restrictions in cover in order to make them more price competitive. The general rule is the cheaper the premium the more restrictive the sub limits and the more exclusions are included in the policy wording. 

What are Buildings?

Your home, domestic outbuildings, fixtures & structural improvements including fences, in ground swimming pools, tennis courts, in-ground spas and saunas, fixed light fittings, wall coverings and fixed floor coverings (excluding carpets unless a rental property). 

What are Contents?

Household goods (including carpets fixed or unfixed) curtains, internal blinds, personal effects, cash, coins, furniture, office equipment, garden equipment and sporting equipment. Golf buggies and motorized wheelchairs that do not require registration are generally also covered.  Similarly, jewellery and other valuables will be covered but there are varying limits that apply so it is important to check that the policy you choose to ensure it meets your needs.  Remember, not all policies are the same.

Fergusons Insurance Brokers offer two preferred products. 

Superior Home & Contents Insurance – Accidental Damage Cover 


Executive Home & Contents Insurance – Defined Events or Insured Events Cover

Both policies cover you the insured against the following events:

Fire, lightning, explosion, thunderbolt, earthquake or tsunami. Theft, breakage of glass, storm & tempest, power surge, malicious damage and personal liability. 

The policies differ in that the Superior policy also includes accidental loss or damage, plus there is also extended worldwide cover for your contents whilst temporarily removed from your home.  The Superior policy offers higher sub limits and more additional benefits than the Executive Policy and therefore attracts a higher premium.  Some would say it is well worth paying the extra to insure your most valueable asset.

There is a lot to consider when insuring your home and contents as everyone has their own individual circumstances.  The most important thing to remember is you need to insure for the replacement cost of both your building and contents which will put you back in a comfortable position following a major loss.  Although as a broker we cannot put a value on your property we can offer you our professional services and advice to guide you in obtaining the best possible cover that suits your needs.